Friday, June 25, 2010

Exchange 2007 SP3 Installation on SBS2008

I recently downloaded and installed Exchange SP3 on SBS2008 and this is how it went.

Firstly you need to disable Forefront Security for exchange.
Then when i proceeded to double click on setup, But I couldnt see the gui for the installer so I installed it by running an elevated command prompt , changing the current directory to my Exchange SP3 Folder and running this command Setup.com /mode:upgrade

The installation takes a fair bit of time , so it needs to be left alone.

Once completed ,reboot the server and then re-run internet address wizard as sometimes RWW and OWA can loose their bindings.

Also it installs a self signed cert, so if you have a trusted cert you will need to re-enable it via exchange management shell.

2 comments:

  1. very good information.

    "Setup.com /mode:upgrade" is the key to troubleshoot Exchange 2007 SP3 GUI installation on SBS2008.

    Thank you again for your help, it save my week end and make me very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exist numerous softwares which I have known. Only one aided me simply and should be proper for this issue - recovering exchange from .ost files.

    ReplyDelete