The upgrade from DPM2012 to DPM2012 SP1 RU1 is quite simple or so I thought!
- In order to install SP1 for dpm2012 rollup3 is a pre-requisite which you can download HERE
- However I could not get Rollup 3 to install as it kept failing on execute sql strings section.
- Open a command prompt with elevated privileges and make this the current directory "C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\DPM\DPM\bin" and then run this command dpmbackup -db. This will place a backup of the dpm database in the following folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\DPM\DPM\Volumes\ShadowCopy\Database Backups
- So once we have done a backup , the trick is to set the options on the DPM database to single user mode as per the image below.So once this is done. You can install Rollup 3.
- I would then still leave it in single user mode when installing DPM 2012 SP1
- You may get an error with id:820 when DPM2012 begins the upgrade to SP1. HERE is a description on how to fix it. HERE is also a great post about WMI Service errors
- You may also get an error 812 stating that reporting services cannot be configured. So to fix this there are a few steps.
Firstly run this command 'netsh http show urlacl' and copy all the http urls on port 80.
So in my case I deleted the following urls with the following cmmands
netsh http delete urlacl http://+:80/Temporary_Listen_Addresses/
netsh http delete urlacl http://+:80/ReportServer_MSDPM2012/
netsh http delete urlacl http://+:80/Reports_MSDPM2012/
Then open up SQL 2008R2 / Reporting Services Configuration Manager and connect to the dpm2012 instance. Within the web services url section click apply. Then you can re-run setup and no more error 812
- Then after SP1 has been installed , you need to install ROLLUP1 for DPM 2012 SP1
- Finally you can then re-enable multi-user mode on the database and login to DPM2012 SP1 RU1 :)
- Final version number will display as per the image below. Version 4.1.3322.0