Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Oracle (Sun) Virtual Box



I recently used Microsoft Virtual PC on a site but ran into problems with bridged network cards amongst other small issues. I gave up on Virtual PC and thought my only other alternative was VM Ware Player which is free but I could'nt get VM Ware tools installed into my VMWare Virtual PC and VM Work Station is a bit expensive.

But then Virtual Box came to my rescue and has worked perfectly. And its free! I dont know how long it will remain free after Oracles aquisition of Sun.But hey its free now and a doddle to setup.

Shadowprotect images .spf and .spi files can boot up straight into virtual box as if they were a vhd or vmdk.

Here is a video tutorial on using Virtual Box from David Davis on Virtualizationadmin.com

http://www.virtualizationadmin.com/player.asp?AYHfxlcC

No comments:

Post a Comment